- Medaling in Homebrew Competitions by wmdowns
Here I am back from the “front line” of homebrew competition judging. It was a blast! I was reminded of an article I read many years ago about how to medal in a homebrew competition. I took what I remembered from the article and added what I have learned from competitions and judging. Here is[...]
- Full Results from the Ska Pro-AM by wmdowns
All results, including best of show are now available. Hit this link, or the poster below.
- PRO-AM Entries No Longer Accepted by wmdowns
SORRY, WE ARE FULL, NO MORE ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN for the Animas Alers/Ska Brewing Pro-Am Homebrew Competition.
- Adding Fruit to Beer by wmdowns
So you want to add some fruit to that stout or wheat beer! Do you know how? Do you know what ways are less risky then others? In my latest article, I examine how to add fruit to beer. There are several ways to do so. You can go to the ARTICLES tab and go[...]
- New Additions to the Deals Page by wmdowns
I just added a great buy or 2 to the Deals page! Like this NEW converted 15.5 gallon keg at an unbelievable price! Check out the DEALS tab for more good deals!
- Membership Drive Heats Up! by wmdowns
Sign up for the Brewsletter (fill in your name and email address on the pop-over when you first visit the page) and you will receive not only my book, but free downloads of ALL of the 20 QUESTIONS FOR 20 BREWERS podcasts absolutely free! This is my way of saying THANK YOU FOR BEING ON[...]
- Water Treatment and Beer by wmdowns
What do you know about beer styles and water? Like most homebrewers, I didn’t really know much about it until I dug down deeper into it. I could call this WATER CHEMISTRY 101 but instead I call it “Water Treatments.” Find out what you need to know about water chemistry and how it relates to[...]
- Old Fort Lewis Hop Variety Trials by wmdowns
Amber is a fellow homebrewer, a member of the Animas Alers Homebrewing Club and a friend. She started a blog about her upcoming hop project at the old Fort Lewis Farm. Here is her first article from her blog. I have also linked to her webpage in the article so you can keep track of[...]
- Monk’s Cafe Flemish S… by wmdowns
Today I review Monk’s Cafe Flemish Sour Ale. This will be a growing section of my critic of these craft beers. Hit THIS LINK or go to the pull down menu of the Craft Beer Review.
- Brewing Gluten Free by wmdowns
So what do you know about brewing gluten free? Did you know 2-3 million Americans cannot tolerate gluten in their beer? So what is a person with Celiac Disease supposed to do when they are thirsty? Drink beer of course, made with the plant to the left. Click here to read about my research or[...]
- wmdowns about ResultsWe now have a best of show.
- wmdowns about ResultsNo, we are waiting for Ska to announce, it is between 2 beers, I know what they are but cannot ...
- Andrew about ResultsAny BOS/ProAm stuff announced yet?
- wmdowns about ResultsSORRY, WE ARE FULL, NO MORE ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN.
- wmdowns about Using Gelatin for ClarityFrom Paul Tuttle, a friend from Facebook! 1. Put 1 tsp. in ½ cup cold water 2. Let sit in fridge for ...
- visit link about Site TermsHave you thought about adding some videos to your article? I think it will really enhance my understanding.
- wmdowns about Contact UsIf you look in the upper right hand side of the home page, there are links to my Twitter and ...
- knickers printing about Contact UsHave you considered including a few social bookmarking links to these blogs. At least for twitter.
- Kun about Aluminum vs. Stainless Brew PotsDude.. I am not much into reading, but somhoew I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its ...
- hoa management about Site Termssurprisingly valuable material, in general I imagine this is worthy of a book mark, thanks